Program Type : Annual Reformation Forum
Theme : SEMPER REFORMANDA:
How to Respond Biblically to the Issues of Today?
Schedule : October 31, 2019 (Thursday)
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Venue : In-Shil Chapel, PTSCAS Campus
Carlos Trinidad Ave., Salitran IV, Dasmarinas City, Cavite
Host Department : PTSCAS Theology Department/ARTS
Point Persons : Rev. Ruel Z. Chavez (Program Head)
Dr. Laurence B. Gatawa (Program Consultant)
Eliza C. Gadon (Program Coordinator)
Event Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fee : Regular – PHP 200.00
(Inclusive of materials, lunch, & water)
Early-bird Promo – 20% Discount
Student Promo – 20% Discount
Group of 3 Promo – 50% Discount for 1
Group of 5 Promo – 75% Discount for 1
This forum is going to address the following needs/problems:
- In our Personal Faith
- Lack of spiritual vibrancy and love for the Word.
- Easily swayed by popular culture and teaching.
- Disconnection or misapplication of God’s Word to life issues.
- In our Ministry
- Truncated view of the meaning and implication of “being reformed” as mere denominational distinctive in tradition, form of worship, and form of government.
- Misinterpretation of “semper reformanda” as “always reforming” or “always changing” by following the spirit of the age.
- Tendency to go where the crowd is for the sake of numerical growth.
- Lack of boldness to share and preach the Gospel.
- Internal conflicts due to misuse of God’s Word in tackling church/ministry issues
- In our Society
- Inability to vet social and political issues in the light of the Scripture.
- Highly polarized and ‘crowd-charged’ response to social and political issues.
- Growing apathy and complacency.
Target Number of Participants: 300 persons
- PTSCAS Faculty, Staff, & College students
- Faculty & Students from other Seminaries
- PCP Pastors, Elders, Lay Leaders, & Members
- Pastors, Elders, & Lay Leaders from other denominations
Focal Message of the Forum:
Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda Secundum Verbi Dei
(The church is Reformed, and always being reformed according to the Word of God)
|7:30-8:30||Registration, Photobooth, Promotional Videos|
|8:30-8:45||Opening Remarks, Announcements, Welcome Greetings|
Historical Background of Semper Reformamda
|9:05-10:05||PLENARY 1 – DR. NORMAN MANLAPAZ
How does a believer pursue a life of continuous reformation?
What does it mean to be a truly Reformed church?
|10:05-10:25||Open Forum 1 with Participants|
|10:25-10:40||Snack Break (Students’ Store)|
|10:40-11:40||PLENARY 2 – DR. LAURENCE GATAWA
Communion of the Saints in the Reformed Confessions:
|11:40-12:00||Open Forum 2 with Participants|
Historical Background of the Westminster Standards
|1:20-2:20||PLENARY 3 – PROF. ALEXANDER HOLAZO
T.U.L.I.P – Definition and Objections
How does T.U.L.I.P. bring us back to the Scripture?
|2:20-2:40||Open Forum 3 with Participants|
|2:40-2:50||Snack Break (Students’ Store)|
|2:50-3:50||PLENARY 4 – PROF. ALEXANDER HOLAZO
|4:45-5:00||Closing Remarks, Evaluation, Announcements|